Saturday, December 10, 2011

New Obession-Glitter/Colored eyeliner

          I have been obsessed with glitter/colored eyeliners lately. They are so much fun and perfect for any holiday look. Even if you do a smoky or neutral eye you can jazz it up with some glitter or a colored eyeliner. You can really make your eyes pop with just some liner without over doing it. It's also a  great way to do something different then your typical black eyeliner. You can complete a look with just a hint of color and since glitter is really big this season now is the perfect time to play around with it. I use a bright colored liner even when I'm on the go and need something quick. I prefer liquid liner for a crisp clean look and just a line across the top lid and some mascara and I'm ready to go. Gel liner's are fun too but I usually pair them up with similar color's that I have on my lid to really enhance the look. Colored eyeliner's can also be worn as a base for an eyeshadow to make it stay on longer and to make the eyeshadow more vibrant. The glitter one's can be layered on top of the eyeshadow if you don't want to do a simple line.







          Some of my favorite colored liners are from Makeup Forever and Glitter ones are from Mac although I recently bought a glitter eyeliner from Too faced that I'm absolutely in love with and need to go buy them all. Unfortunately the glitter eyeliners I have from Mac are not available anymore but they really need to bring them back. You can try checking out some CCO's because they still might carry them. Also I love the Urban Decay Liquid Liner but in my opinion they dry out too fast. I have only had mine for a few months and the consistency of it has changed already and it has become very thick. I prefer Makeup Forever Aqua Liners over the Mac Liquid Liners because they are more pigmented and stay on all day long. Mac Fluidline is something I use almost everyday. I think it's the best gel formula out there and stays put all day. My favorite brush to use with the fluidline is Mac #211 it makes the liner go on with ease and even a beginner can put on liner perfectly with this brush.

What do you think of Glitter/Colored eyeliners? What kind of eyeliners do you like?










No comments:

Post a Comment